Thursday, February 6, 2020

Solving the Problem

The opportunity I discussed in my previous post is about the unmet need of providing people with a way to charge their phones with a renewable source that is convenient and not that expensive. Preserving the environment and saving the world has become an increasing campaign around the world. People are constantly looking for ways to lead more sustainable lives.  There are also people who do not have access to electrical outlets during the day, or at all times. These problems can be solved by using the Sun, a resource that cannot be depleted, outside or anywhere with sunlight. If this case would convince one person to become more sustainable or help one person it would be successful.

Through this phone case, the environment will be more protected and people will be able to charge their phones more easily. The point of the case is to be a sleek and cheap way to lead a more sustainable lifestyle. I want it to look and feel similar to another battery charging case, which may be difficult to achieve. The case will have a part that can be folded so that the solar panels are exposed when the phone needs to be charged. The chord will also be tucked in under another fold of the case, or there could be an attached charging pad. There may be a case with solar charging, but it is not affordable, sleek or popularized. I really believe this case could change the way we view nonrenewable electricity in our everyday lives.  

5 comments:

  1. Hey Nikki! I think you are on to something here. This seems like an excellent idea and think that it can definitely lead to improve the environment while, simultaneously, being a great financial opportunity for you. I would personally definitely buy a sun charging case it was affordable. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, I think your solution is very effective. Like I said in my previous comment, I think that as long as you can keep the phone case stylish and functional while also including solar panels, you’ll have a great solution. I also like how you pointed out how eco-friendly it is, this shows how your solution might be very popular with the environmentalists. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, your idea is one of the most interesting to me in our group. I feel like it has a lot of value and would be very useful to just about anybody, and it's an extra benefit that it would help the environment as well. Thanks for sharing, and best of luck moving forward in the course with your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyo Nicole, I love your solution for your problem. As I said previously, keeping some individuality amongst a pretty flooded market is going to be the key to this idea working out. Try to find something that separates you from other solar charging phone cases and products. Make yourself either stand out, even just slightly, whether it be price point, design or special features. Either way, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nikki,
    This would be a clever idea and could possibly go big if it was achieved. Helping the environment has become a big aspect of today's society. I believe this is possible and I wish you the best of luck in furthering this idea.

    ReplyDelete